- Born: 13 July 1874, Rome, Oneida County, New York 34,1613
- Marriage: Effie Jane Hill 1 July 1893 in Oblong, Crawford County, Illinois 1613,1614
- Died: 15 November 1947, Onarga, Iroquois County, Illinois at age 73 34,1613
- Buried: 17 November 1947, Onarga, Iroquois County, Illinois at Onarga Cemetery 34,1613
Cause of his death was stroke.
John was the son of Samuel and Betsy (Tenney) Price.
November 20, 1947
Funeral services for John Samuel Price, 73, Onarga resident, were held at 2 p.m. Monday at the Onarga Christian Church. Burial was in the Onarga Cemetery, the Amerman Mortuary in charge of arrangements.
Price, a drainage contractor, died Saturday morning at his home. Death was attributed to a paralytic stroke following a long illness.
He was born in Rome, N.Y., July 13, 1874 and was married July 1, 1893 in Oblong to Effie Hill. The family came to Iroquois County from Webster City, Iowa.
Surviving are the widow and the following children: Dorothy DuFrain, Perry, Paul, Walter and Oscoe Price, all of Onarga, Emmett and Fred Price, both of Peoria; Duval of Joliet, Chester of Vallejo, Calif., and Jessie Hendricks and Murl Price, both of Watseka.
A son, Samuel and three daughters, Nellie Wannaker, Claudine Irene and Flora Price preceded him in death.
• He had a residence in Webster City, Hamilton County, Iowa.
• He had a residence in Onarga, Iroquois County, Illinois.
• He worked as a drainage contractor.
John married Effie Jane Hill 1 July 1893 in Oblong, Crawford County, Illinois 1613.,1614 (Effie Jane Hill was born 15 January 1878 in Oblong, Crawford County, Illinois,34,1614 died 6 February 1950 in Onarga, Iroquois County, Illinois 34,1614 and was buried after 6 February 1950 in Onarga, Iroquois County, Illinois at Onarga Cemetery 34,1614.)