Helen Louise Glines
- Born: 13 June 1920, Hamilton, Hancock County, Illinois 1701,1702,1703,1704
- Marriage: Edward Robert Peterson 4 November 1944 in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois 1697
- Died: 24 September 2000, Gladstone, Clay County, Missouri at age 80 1701,1703,1704
- Buried: After 24 September 2000, Liberty, Clay County, Missouri at Glenridge Cemetery 1703,1704
Kansas City Star
Kansas City, Missour
September 25, 2000
[Obit courtesy of Sandy B.]
Helen Louise Peterson, 80, Gladstone, MO, passed away Sunday, September 24, 2000, at home. Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Tuesday, September 26, at Northland Cathedral, I-29 and N. Oak, Kansas City, MO; burial in Glenridge Cemetery, Liberty, MO. Visitation will be 7-9 p.m., Monday, September 25, at Charter Funerals/Gladstone Chapel. Memorial contributions may be made to Northland Cathedral Building Fund-Memorial Garden.
Mrs. Peterson was born June 13, 1920 in Hamilton, IL. She was an elementary school teacher for 22 years at Solon Robinson School in Crown Point, IN. She taught Sunday school for many years, and at the time of her death was active in Women's Bible Study at Northland Cathedral. She loved gardening, quilt making, and cooking for friends and loved ones.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Edward R. Peterson; father, Earl Glines; grandson, Toni Dovichi; brothers, Richard and Ernest Glines; and sister, Margaret Ware.
She is survived by her mother, Maude E. Glines, Keokuk, IA; son, David E. Peterson, Crown Point, IN; daughters, Cheryl S. Merkel, Lowell, IN, Sandra S. Bostian, and Betsy A. Dearing, both of Liberty, MO; sisters, Mary MacIntosh, Sharon, TN, and Sherrie Snodgrass, Keokuk, IA; 10 grandchildren and five great-grandchildren. (Arrangements, Charter Funerals, 816-921-555)
• She was educated at Senior High School in 1937 in Quincy, Adams County, Illinois.
• She had a residence in Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri.
Helen married Edward Robert Peterson 4 November 1944 in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois.1697 (Edward Robert Peterson was born 8 April 1916 in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois,1697,1698,1699 died 24 September 1955 in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois 1698,1699,1700 and was buried after 24 September 1955 in Merrillville, Lake County, Indiana at Calumet Park Cemetery 1699.) The cause of his death was electrocution caused by a fall while painting.