Pvt. Alden Lindsey 1804
- Born: About 1846, Tazewell County, Illinois
- Died: 22 August 1864, Andersonville, Sumter County, Georgia at age 18 1805,1806
- Buried: After 22 August 1864, Andersonville, Sumter County, Georgia at Andersonville National Cemetery
Cause of his death was due to scorbutus (aka scurvy), a disease suffered as a POW during the Civil War. This is a disease caused by deprivation of proper food for a lengthy period of time.
• He was described as being 5'8 1/2" in height with red hair, blue eyes and a light complexion.
• He appeared on the census in 1850 in Grafton, Worcester County, Massachusetts. He lived in the household of his parents.
• He appeared on the census in 1860 in Onarga, Iroquois County, Illinois. He lived in the household of his parents.
• He served in the military during the Civil War. He enlisted as a Private on 22 October 1863 in Springfield, Illinois with Co. D 113th Infantry Regiment Illinois.