William Lindsey 522
- Born: About 1834, Mason County, Virginia 522
- Marriage: Mary Connors in 1857 in Beechworth, Victoria, Australia 2198
- Died: 1910, Wandiligong, Australia at age 76 2199
Information provided by Rose Lee:
In 1850, William aged 15 went to California during the Gold Rush. His occupation in California was 'miner for gold'. William migrated to Australia, most likely during the 1850's Australian Gold Rush where he worked as a miner in the Victorian High Country.
William was the 8th child of Rowland Bailey Lindsey (1793 - 1843) and Phebe Russell (1797 - 1869). William was the only child in his family to migrate to Australia.
• He appeared on the census in 1850 in Knox, Knox County, Illinois. He appeared in the household of his mother.
• He appeared on the census in 1850 in Placerville, El Dorado County, California. He went to California during the gold rush at age 15. His occupation was "miner for gold". Census was taken 4 November 1850.
William married Mary Connors in 1857 in Beechworth, Victoria, Australia.2198 (Mary Connors was born about 1833 in Ireland 2198,2200 and died in 1915 in Wandiligong, Australia 2201.)