Alvin Harold Lindsay Jr. 599
- Born: 20 July 1916, Carroll, Penobscot County, Maine 599,1546
- Marriage (1): Hazel Grace Bethune 21 April 1939 in Bangor, Penobscot County, Maine 675
- Marriage (2): Flora Cordellia Spencer 19 September 1992 in Maine 426
- Died: 27 November 2002, Howland, Penobscot County, Maine at age 86 1546,1547
- Buried: After 27 November 2002, Lincoln, Penobscot County, Maine at Lincoln Cemetery 1546
Bangor Daily News
Nov 28, 2002
Alvin H. Lindsay, Jr.
HOWLAND -- Alvin H. Lindsay, Jr., 86, husband of Flora (Spencer) Mushero Lindsay, died Nov. 27, 2002, at a Lincoln hospital. He was born July 20, 1916 in Carroll, the son of Alvin H., Sr. and Gertrude (Elsemore) Lindsay.
Mr. Lindsay attended the West Enfield Church of God, and for a long time, the Community Evangel Temple. He worked for H.C. Haynes and Eastern Corporation hauling wood.
In addition to his wife, Flora, he is survived by two sons, Roderick Lindsay and his wife Beth of Houlton, David Lindsay and his wife, Debbie, of Lincoln; three daughters, Jane Edgecomb of Lincoln, Janice Helsor and her husband, Lawson of Lincoln, and Mary Morrison and her husband, Donald of Milford; seven grandchildren, four great-grandchildren, seven step-children, Arlene and Harvey Holmes of Old Town, Harold Mushero and Flora Linscott of Millinocket, Pauline Washburn and Arthur Tasker of Millinocket, Shirley and Arthur Weatherbee of Brockton, Mass., Leo and Laura Mushero of Lincoln, Lillian Cyr of Howland, Charley and Linda Mushero of Medway; several step-grandchildren and great step-grandchildren; two brothers, George and Jerry; three sisters, Charlotte Ireland, Lillian Fielder, and Gladys Wrieth; a brother-in-law, Percy Bethune and his wife Vivian, of Lincoln.
Friends may call from 6-8 p.m. Friday, at the Clay Funeral Home, 3 Lee St., Lincoln. Funeral services will be held 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Interment will be in Lincoln Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the West Enfield Church of God Building Fund. Donations may be left at the funeral home.
• He worked as a geographer.
• He served in the military as a Private during World War II. He enlisted 23 May 1945.
• He appeared on the census in 1920 in Carroll, Penobscot County, Maine. He lived in the household of his parents.
• He appeared on the census in 1930 in Carroll, Penobscot County, Maine. He lived in the household of his parents. Name recorded as Harold Alvin Lindsey.
• He had a residence in Howland, Penobscot County, Maine.
• His Social Security Number was 005-14-5659.
• He was buried at Lincoln Center Cemetery in Lincoln, Penobscot County, Maine.
Alvin married Hazel Grace Bethune, daughter of Edward A. Bethune and Greta M. [--?--], 21 April 1939 in Bangor, Penobscot County, Maine.675 (Hazel Grace Bethune was born in 1922 in Spencer Island, Nova Scotia, Canada,1543,1544 died 4 December 1960 in Lincoln, Penobscot County, Maine 1543,1544,1545 and was buried after 4 December 1960 in Lincoln, Penobscot County, Maine at Lincoln Cemetery 1543,1544.)
Alvin next married Flora Cordellia Spencer, daughter of Charles Leslie Spencer and Isabelle Emerson, 19 September 1992 in Maine.426 (Flora Cordellia Spencer was born 19 September 1917 in Howland, Penobscot County, Maine,2534,2535 died 15 February 2006 in Howland, Penobscot County, Maine 2534,2535,2536 and was buried after 15 February 2006 in Howland, Penobscot County, Maine at Emerson Cemetery 2535.)