Philip Lindsay Monroe 272,2558
- Born: 14 December 1911, Carroll, Penobscot County, Maine 272,2558,2559,2560
- Marriage: Edith Corrine Beck 3 June 1939 in Pasadena, Los Angeles County, California 2556,2557
- Died: 7 May 2012, Oregon at age 100 2559,2560
- Buried: After 7 May 2012, Cedar City, Iron County, Utah at Cedar City Cemetery 2559,2560
Swindlehurst Funeral Home
2071 N Main St #1
Cedar City, Utah
Philip L Monroe December 14, 1911 - May 7, 2012
(Cedar City, UT) - Philip L. Monroe- Our beloved Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather and Great-Great-grandfather peacefully passed away with his family by his side on May 7, 2012.
Philip was born December 14, 1911 in Carroll, Maine to Wilbur W. Monroe and Sadie C. Lindsay. Philip was the oldest of 12 children. Philip was married to Edith C. Beck (1920-2008) 69 years.
Philip owned his own business (Monroe Upholstery) with his Brother Roger for almost 40 years in Azusa, CA. He loved to fish in the High Sierras and in the Colorado River. He was an active member for 20 years in the Leviton Service Club.
Philip is survived by his Sister; Phyllis Settles of Seneca, SC., Brother; Roger Monroe of Glendora, CA. Children; Ron Monroe of Cedar City, UT., Gail (Barry) Gunderson of Cedar City, Grand Children; Brad (Collette) Gunderson of Spanish Fork, UT., Vicky ( Russel) Smith of Cedar City and Doug Gunderson of Cedar City. Great Grandchildren; Larissa (Garren) Allred, Jessica (Colby) Meier, Blake Smith, Jason Dushesne, Briana Gunderson. Great- Great Grandchildren; Lucas Meier, Macie Meier.
Graveside services will be held Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM in the Cedar City Cemetery. Arrangements entrusted to: The Swindlehurst Funeral Home. On line condolences may be sent to www.swindlehurstfuneralhome.com.
• He appeared on the census in 1930 in Garland, Penobscot County, Maine. He lived in the household of his parents.
• He appeared on the census in 1940 in Pasadena, Los Angeles County, California. He was head of household and rented for $20 monthly.
• He worked as a furniture upholsterer.
• He had a residence in Azusa, Los Angeles County, California.
Philip married Edith Corrine Beck, daughter of Harry Gurdon Beck and Gertrude Harmond Street, 3 June 1939 in Pasadena, Los Angeles County, California 2556.,2557 (Edith Corrine Beck was born 1 September 1920 in Ray, Pinal County, Arizona,2556,2561,2562 died 21 July 2008 2556,2561 and was buried after 21 July 2008 in Cedar City, Iron County, Utah at Cedar City Cemetery 2556,2561.)