Samuel Mason Ayres
- Born: 25 January 1808, Gallipolis, Gallia County, Ohio 379
- Marriage (1): Elizabeth M. [--?--]
- Marriage (2): Malinda Long in March 1855 in Mason County, Virginia 378
- Died: 8 August 1883, Beech Hill, Mason County, West Virginia at age 75 379,380
- Buried: After 8 August 1883, Southside, Mason County, Virginia at Harmony Cemetery 379
Iroquois County Times
Iroquois County, Illinois
Aug. 25, 1883
News of the death of S.M. Ayers has been received. Mr. Ayres was formerly a citizen of this county and well known, and at the time of his death was still a large land owner here. He was an estimable old gentleman and his death will be deeply regretted by his many old friends in Iroquois.
• He had a residence in Gallipolis, Gallia County, Ohio.
Samuel married Elizabeth M. [--?--]. (Elizabeth M. [--?--] died 25 April 1854 381 and was buried after 25 April 1854 in Del Rey, Iroquois County, Illinois at Del Rey Cemetery 381.)
Samuel next married Malinda Long, daughter of Nathan Long and Unknown, in March 1855 in Mason County, Virginia.378 (Malinda Long was born 10 September 1814 in Mason County, Virginia,378 died 23 October 1873 378 and was buried 25 October 1873 in Gallipolis, Gallia County, Ohio at Gallipolis Cemetery 378.)