Howard Robinson Frost Jr. 272,2460
- Born: 16 September 1919, Lewiston, Androscoggin County, Maine
- Marriage: Barbara B. Swan 27 March 1942 in Maine 426
- Died: 22 January 2013, Auburn, Androscoggin County, Maine at age 93
- Buried: After 22 January 2013, Paris, Oxford County, Maine at Hillside Cemetery 3604
Cause of his death was Alzheimer's disease.
Friday, January 25, 2013
Howard R. Frost
AUBURN \emdash Howard R. Frost, 93, of Hooper Ledge Road, South Paris, passed away peacefully at the Hospice House, Jan. 22, following a courageous battle with Alzheimer's disease.
Howard Robinson Frost was born in South Lewiston, Sept. 16, 1919, the first child of Howard and Lola Lindsay Frost. He was educated at Westfield, Mass. High School and the University of Maine. He married Barbara Swan of South Paris, March 27, 1942.
He served in World War II with the Fifth Air Force in the Southwest Pacific. Returning to the states at the rank of major, he served also at the Pentagon. Honorably discharged from the service on a September morning in 1945, he went to work for TWA (Trans World Airline) in the afternoon and remained with the company for 34 years, stationed in Washington, D.C., Wilmington, Del., Kansas City and New York.
In retirement in Maine, he restored an antique airplane and built and flew two new experimental airplanes. He was a bird carver who exhibited locally and in the Maine wildlife and carving shows. He was a member of the Streaked Mountain Wood Carvers and the Maine Woodcarvers Association.
He is survived by a son, Peter Robinson Frost of South Paris; a sister, Roberta Barber of Yorba Linda, Calif.; a sister-in-law, Theresa Law of Oak Glen, Calif.; and nieces, nephews and cousins.
He was predeceased by his wife of 67 years, Barbara Swan Frost of South Paris.
Online condolences may be shared with his family at www.chandlerfunerals.com.
• He appeared on the census in 1920 in Lewiston, Androscoggin County, Maine. He lived in the household of his parents.
• He appeared on the census in 1930 in Wellesley, Norfolk County, Massachusetts. He lived in the household of his parents.
• He appeared on the census in 1940 at 10 McKinley Terrace in Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts. He lived in the household of his parents.
• He had a residence in 1990 in South Paris, Oxford County, Maine.
Howard married Barbara B. Swan, daughter of Wilber R. Swan and Lura Morrill, 27 March 1942 in Maine.426 (Barbara B. Swan was born 17 October 1915 in South Paris, Oxford County, Maine, died 25 September 2009 in Auburn, Androscoggin County, Maine and was buried after 25 September 2009 in Paris, Oxford County, Maine at Hillside Cemetery 3605.)