- Born: 28 March 1906, Wilton, Franklin County, Maine 4326,4327,4328
- Marriage: George Clifton Canwell 1 January 1928 in North Monmouth, Kennebec County, Maine 4322,4323
- Died: 24 October 1981, Gardiner, Kennebec County, Maine at age 75 4328,4329
- Buried: After 24 October 1981, Monmouth, Kennebec County, Maine at Monmouth Ridge Cemetery 4328
October 26, 1981
A Monmouth homemaker
NORTH MONMOUTH -- Mrs. Celia Canwell, 75, died at Merrill Manor Nursing Home on Saturday night.
She was born March 28, 1906, in Wilton, the daughter of Arthur and Melicent Kent Turner. She was educated in Monmouth schools and in 1928 she was married to Clifton Canwell of Monmouth. She was a housewife all of her life.
Surviving are her husband of North Monmouth; six daughters, Mary Kenfield, North Monmouth, Colleen Daponte, Denver, Colo., Virginia Webb, Winthrop, Joyce Proulx, Brewer, Doris Gaibler, Denver, Colo. and Lorraine Kelley, Randolph; two sons, Blaine of Winthrop and Wayne of Augusta; a sister, Doris Bubier, Livermore Falls; 29 grandchildren and a great-grandchild.
CANWELL -- In Gardiner, Oct. 24, 1981, Mrs. Celia Canwell, age 75. Funeral services will be held Wednesday at 1 p.m. at the Bragdon Flanders Funeral Home, Monmouth, where friends may call Tuesday evening 7-9 p.m. Interment Ridge Cemetery, Monmouth.
Her maiden name has been referred to as Kent, Turner and Bryant.
• She appeared on the census in 1930 in Monmouth, Kennebec County, Maine. She lived in the household of her husband.
• She had a residence in Gardiner, Kennebec County, Maine.
• Her Social Security Number was 005-60-3043.
Celia married George Clifton Canwell, son of George Canwell and Mary A. Hammond, 1 January 1928 in North Monmouth, Kennebec County, Maine 4322.,4323 (George Clifton Canwell was born 18 October 1905 in Monmouth, Kennebec County, Maine,252,4316,4324 died 25 December 1987 in Augusta, Kennebec County, Maine 4325 and was buried after 26 December 1987 in Monmouth, Kennebec County, Maine at Monmouth Ridge Cemetery.)