Harold Church Foster 272
- Born: 30 April 1897, Danforth, Washington County, Maine 272
- Died: 17 November 1976, Houlton, Aroostook County, Maine at age 79 5193,5194
- Buried: After 17 November 1976, Danforth, Washington County, Maine at Danforth Cemetery (aka Hilltop Cemetery)
Bangor Daily News
November 18, 1976
HAROLD C. FOSTER
DANFORTH -- Harold C. Foster, 79, died Nov. 17 at a Houlton hospital. He was born in Danforth, April 30, 1897, the son of Granville and Josephine Lindsay Foster. He had lived most of his life here.
He was a graduate of Danforth High School, class of 1915. Before his retirement, he was a supervisor for the Maine Dairy Herd Improvement Association. He was a veteran of World War I and World War II serving in the U.S. Army, a member of Grand Lake Grange No. 375, past master of Baskahegan Lodge No 175 of Danforth, a member of Anah Temple Shrine of Bangor, Anah Shrine Club of Washington County, Royal Arch Chapter No. 49 of Mattawamkeag, St. Alderman's Commendery No. 17 of Houlton, St. Croix Council No. 11 of Royal and Select Master of Calais, Non Pared Chapter No. 92 OES, Danforth, a past commander of American Legion Post No. 45 of Danforth, a member of the IOOF No. 78 of Houlton.
Survived by one brother, Stephen of American Forks, Utah; two sisters, Mrs. Alice Drew of Orono, Mrs. Helen Curtis of Sarasota, Fla.; several nieces, nephews and cousins.
Funeral services will be held Friday afternoon at 1 p.m. at the Bartlett Funeral Home, Danforth. Interment will be in the Danforth Cemetery. Friends may call at the funeral home Thursday afternoon and evening.
• He was described as being of medium build and height with blue eyes and light brown hair.
• He worked as a railroad fireman and carpenter.
• He appeared on the census in 1900 in Danforth, Washington County, Maine. He lived in the household of his parents.
• He appeared on the census in 1910 in Danforth, Washington County, Maine. He lived in the household of his parents.
• He appeared on the census in 1920 in Danforth, Washington County, Maine. He lived in the household of his parents.
• He appeared on the census in 1930 in Danforth, Washington County, Maine. He lived in the household of his parents.
• His Social Security Number was 164-03-7201. His social security number was issued in Pennsylvania.