Iva May Dixon 272
- Born: 19 May 1889, Clinton, Kennebec County, Maine 272,5719
- Marriage: John C. Bradshaw 29 July 1920
- Died: 19 February 1969, Lewiston, Androscoggin County, Maine at age 79 5719,5720
- Buried: After 19 February 1969, Clinton, Kennebec County, Maine at Green Lawn Rest Cemetery
The Lewiston Daily Sun
July 30, 1949
Former Lewiston Woman Notes 29th Wedding Anniversary
Mr. and Mrs. John C. Bradshaw of Clinton celebrated their 29th wedding anniversary Friday.
Mrs. Bradshaw is the former Iva Mae Dixon, daughter of Mrs. Alice Dixon and the late Stillman Niles Dixon. A native of Clinton, she lived in Lewiston for several years and attended Jordan High School.
She completed her high school education at Washington Irving High School in New York and later trained as a nurse at the New York Skin and Cancer Hospital there. She then was made assistant superintendent of the hospital and later served as United States Public Health service supervisor at the hospital. She also served as supervsior of the building at Pownal State School.
She is prominent in DAR, Rebekah and Eastern Star circles in the state.
Mrs. Bradshaw served with the U.S. Marines as Lieutenant Commander in the Maritime Commission during the Second World War and is at present employed at the Bethlehem Steel Shipyards a Quincy, Mass.
The Lewiston Daily Sun
February 21, 1969
Mrs. Iva Bradshaw
Mrs. Iva M. Bradshaw, R.N., 79, of Auburn, died late Wednesday night at the Central Maine General Hospital, Lewiston, after a brief illness.
Born at Clinton, May 19, 1889, she was the daughter of Stillman N. and Alice Carver Dixon. She attended the schools of Clinton and Lewiston and was graduated from a nursing school in New York City.
She served as a staff nurse at hospitals in California and Philadelphia, Pa., also at Thayer Hospital, Waterville, and Pineland Hospital, Pownal.
She married John Bradshaw who died a number of years ago.
Mrs. Bradshaw had made her home with Mrs. Adrienne McGrath of 48 Spring St., Auburn three years following her move to this community from Pownal.
Only cousins survive.
DIED -- In Lewiston, February 19, 1969, Mrs. Iva M. Bradshaw, R.N., widow of John Bradshaw. Funeral services will be held at the Plummer & Merrill Funeral Home, 212 Turner St., Auburn, Saturday Feb. 22 at 10 a.m. Entombment Mt. Auburn Cemetery with burial at Clinton Village Cemetery, Clinton, Maine. Friends may call at the funeral home Friday 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m.
• She was educated at Jordan High School in Lewiston, Androscoggin County, Maine.
• She was educated at Washington Irving High School in New York, New York County, New York.
• She worked as a nurse.
• She appeared on the census in 1900 in Lewiston, Androscoggin County, Maine. She lived in the household of her parents.
• She appeared on the census in 1920 in New York, New York County, New York. She was a resident of the Skin & Cancer Hospital in Manhattan and working as a nurse.
• She appeared on the census in 1930 in Livermore Falls, Androscoggin County, Maine. She lived in the household of her husband, which was in the same building or next door to her divorced mother.
• Her Social Security Number was 005-22-2447.
• She had a residence in Auburn, Androscoggin County, Maine.
Iva married John C. Bradshaw 29 July 1920. (John C. Bradshaw was born in 1886 in Nebraska,5721 died in 1954 5721 and was buried in 1954 in Clinton, Kennebec County, Maine at Green Lawn Rest Cemetery 5721.)