Leah Cole Danforth 272
- Born: 9 November 1899, Springfield, Penobscot County, Maine 272
- Marriage (1): Monie Earl Hobbs 7 July 1917 in Springfield, Penobscot County, Maine 253
- Marriage (2): Clyde Sherwood Fenner
- Died: 5 May 1982, Lincoln, Penobscot County, Maine at age 82 5934,5935
- Buried: After 5 May 1982, Millinocket, Penobscot County, Maine at Millinocket Cemetery 5935
Bangor Daily News
May 6, 1982
LEAH HOBBS FENNER
SOUTH PORTLAND and MILLINOCKET -- Leah Hobbs Fenner, 82, died May 5, 1982, in a Lincoln hospital. She was born in Springfield Nov. 9, 1899, the daughter of Orland and Sadie (Cole) Danforth.
She was a member of the Order of Eastern Star in Sanford and the Tri-County Senior Citizens in Gorham.
She is survived by two sons, Fabian D. Hobbs of Kittery and Bayliss E. Hobbs of Nashua, N.H.; one step-son, C. Douglas Fenner of Kent, Conn.; two daughters, Mrs. Fern Gerardy of Avon, Mass. and Norma Hobbs Meehan of South Portland; one stepdaughter, Mrs. Jane Ellis of Florida; one brother, Blake Danforth of Lincoln; one sister, Mrs. Evelyn Cummings of Howland; seven grandchildren; eight great great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her first husband, Monie E. Hobbs, and her second husband, Clyde Fenner.
Funeral services will be held 1 p.m. Friday at Clay, Stevens and Clay Funeral Home, Lincoln, with the Rev. Harry Earle Trask officiating. Burial will be in Millinocket Cemetery. Friends may call at the funeral home 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. Thursday.
• She appeared on the census in 1900 in Carroll, Penobscot County, Maine. She lived in the household of her parents.
• She appeared on the census in 1910 in Carroll, Penobscot County, Maine. She lived in the home of Maud M. Lindsay, along with her parents who were employed with this family.
• She appeared on the census in 1920 at Mill Street in Enfield, Penobscot County, Maine. She lived in the household of her husband.
• She appeared on the census in 1930 in Howland, Penobscot County, Maine. She lived in the household of her husband.
Leah married Monie Earl Hobbs, son of Charles Hobbs and Margrette Neal, 7 July 1917 in Springfield, Penobscot County, Maine.253 (Monie Earl Hobbs was born 16 October 1895 in Lakeville, Penobscot County, Maine 272,5936 and died 26 June 1965 in Millinocket, Penobscot County, Maine 5936,5937.)
Leah next married Clyde Sherwood Fenner, son of Ernest Alfred Fenner and Ethel Chase. (Clyde Sherwood Fenner was born 27 October 1908 in Brockton, Plymouth County, Massachusetts 5938,5939 and died 21 August 1980 in Portland, Cumberland County, Maine 5938,5940.)