Lucille Minnie Treamer
- Born: 27 December 1922, Wakefield, Middlesex County, Massachusetts 6076
- Marriage: William Emery Burgess Jr. in 1947 in Lynnfield, Essex County, Massachusetts 6075
- Died: 7 June 2013, Portland, Cumberland County, Maine at age 90 6076
- Buried: After 7 June 2013, Lynnfield, Essex County, Massachusetts at Willow Cemetery 6076
Friday, June 14, 2013
Lucille T. Burgess
Lucille T. (Treamer) Burgess, 90, of Village Crossings in Cape Elizabeth, ME and formerly of Ipswich, MA, died Friday June 7, 2013 at Mercy Hospital in Portland following her short illness.
She was the wife of the late William E. Burgess, Jr. Born in Wakefield, MA December 27, 1922 only child of the late Harold W. and Nellie (Walker) Treamer, she was raised in Lynnfield and was a graduate of Lynnfield public schools.
Due to her husband Bill's job, he and Lucille traveled the United States from Florida to Hawaii. Following his death 1966 she moved to Ipswich.
During her years in Ipswich she was employed at the former Cable Memorial Hospital in Ipswich until its closure in 1979 then worked at the former Hunt Hospital in Danvers until its closure in 1990. Lucille moved to Cape Elizabeth in 2010 to be closer to her family. It was a very hard decision for her, as she had to leave behind many friends and her home of 44 years.
She is survived by two nephews: Brian Denison and his wife Maryanne of Cape Elizabeth, Jeffrey Denison of Scarborough, great-nephews, William and Matthew Denison of Cape Elizabeth, brother in law Arthur Denison and his wife Doris of Saco.
The family would like to thank the staff at Village Crossings in Cape Elizabeth for their loving care to Lucille as she transitioned from independent to assisted living. A special thanks to Helen at Village Crossings who Lucille was honored to call a friend.
A private funeral service was held graveside in the Willow Cemetery, Lynnfield, MA. Arrangements were under the direction of the Whittier-Porter Funeral Home of Ipswich. If so desired, in lieu of flowers, donations in her memory can be made to: The Stanley Museum, P.O. Box 77, Kingfield, ME 04947.To leave a condolence please visit www.whittier-porter.com.
• She appeared on the census in 1930 in Lynnfield, Essex County, Massachusetts. She lived in the household of her parents.
• She appeared on the census in 1940 at 26 Moulton Highway in Lynnfield, Essex County, Massachusetts. She lived in the household of her parents.
Lucille married William Emery Burgess Jr., son of William Emery Burgess and Catherine Verlie Browne, in 1947 in Lynnfield, Essex County, Massachusetts.6075 (William Emery Burgess Jr. was born 22 November 1923 in Maine,6077,6078 died in August 1966 6076,6077,6078 and was buried in August 1966 in Fairfield, Somerset County, Maine at Maplewood Cemetery 6077.)