Eugene Tinkham 272
- Born: 4 November 1918, Monmouth, Kennebec County, Maine 272
- Marriage: Phyllis Irene Clark 14 October 1946 in Maine 426,5063
- Died: 12 April 2003, Augusta, Kennebec County, Maine at age 84 5063,6161
- Buried: After 12 April 2003, Auburn, Androscoggin County, Maine at Gracelawn Memorial Park 5063
The Lewiston Daily Sun
Oct. 1, 1946
AMSC Graduate to Wed Veteran
Mr. and Mrs. Percy Clark of Mechanic Falls have announced the engagement of their daughter, Phyllis Irene, to Eugene Tinkham, son of Mr. and Mrs. Wendall Tinkham of Wales.
Employed by the Central Maine Power Co., the prospective bride was graduated from Monmouth Academy and the Auburn Maine School of Commerce. Mr. Tinkham, who attended Monmouth Academy, is an employee of Robert O. Mace. Of his 45 months in the army, he spent 24 overseas.
The wedding date has not been set.
The Sun Journal
April 14, 2003
AUGUSTA - Eugene Tinkham, 84, a resident at the Togus V.A. Hospital long term care facility, died there Saturday morning, April 12, following a long illness.
He was born in Wales Nov. 4, 1918, the son of Wendell and Eva Maxwell Tinkham.
He received his early education in Wales grammar schools and attended Monmouth Academy.
He served his country during World War II with the U.S. Army, having served in the European, African and Mid-Eastern theaters of operation.
On Oct. 14, 1946, he married the former Phyllis C. Clark.
Before his retirement, Mr. Tinkham was employed at several area Construction Companies.
He was a member of the VFW Post 1603 of Mechanic Falls and a life time member of the DAV.
He enjoyed taking rides in his car, exploring the local countryside and finding good restaurants in which to eat.
Survivors include his wife of Auburn; one son, Donald E. Tinkham and his wife Lou of Buckfield; two brothers, Wendall Tinkham and his wife Geraldine of Auburn, and Melvin Tinkham and his wife Grace of Wales; and several nieces and nephews.
TINKHAM - Died Saturday, April 12, 2003. A graveside funeral service or chapel service, depending on weather conditions, will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Gracelawn Memorial Park, Auburn. A service of the Fortin Group, Lewiston and Auburn, 783-8545.
• He appeared on the census in 1920 in Litchfield, Kennebec County, Maine. He lived in the household of his parents.
• He appeared on the census in 1930 in Wales, Androscoggin County, Maine. He and his brothers were lodgers in the home of Minnie Boyce.
• He had a residence in Buckfield, Oxford County, Maine.
Eugene married Phyllis Irene Clark, daughter of Percy James Clark and Inez Elba Oakes, 14 October 1946 in Maine 426.,5063 (Phyllis Irene Clark was born 24 April 1922 in Washburn, Aroostook County, Maine,6162 died 22 December 2005 in Portland, Cumberland County, Maine 6162 and was buried after 22 December 2005 in Auburn, Androscoggin County, Maine at Gracelawn Memorial Park.)