Byron Ralph Blotcky 91,92
- Born: 24 September 1896, Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa 34,88,90
- Marriage: Osa L. Lindsey 14 September 1918 in Kankakee, Kankakee County, Illinois 87,88
- Died: 26 August 1959, Onarga, Iroquois County, Illinois at age 62 34,88
- Buried: After 26 August 1959, Onarga, Iroquois County, Illinois at Onarga Cemetery 34
Cause of his death was due to a heart ailment.
August 27, 1958
Byron Blotcky, 62, Prominent Onarga Businessman, Dies
Byron Ralph Blotcky, 62-year-old Onarga businessman and prominent in clubs and organizations, died at 7 a.m. Wednesday in his residence at Onarga. His sudden death was believed from a heart ailment.
Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday in the Natterstad Funeral Home, The Rev. W. L. Gustin, Onarga Methodist Church, and the Rev. Charles Kinrade of Kankakee, retired Methodist pastor, will officiate. Burial will be in Onarga Cemetery. Friends may call the funeral home Thursday afternoon and until the hour of the services.
Mr. Blotcky was born Sept. 24, 1896 in Des Moines, Iowa, son of Mr. and Mrs. Sol Blotcky. He was married Sept. 14, 1918 to Osa Lindsey in Kankakee.
Mr. Blotcky moved to Onarga in 1912 and entered into business with his father in the Onarga Mercantile Co. in 1921. He had been affiliated with the firm ever since and at the time of his death was owner and operator.
The Onarga resident, a veteran of World War I, was a past commander of American Legion Post 551. He was president of the Onarga Building and Loan Association, charter member and past president of Onarga Lions Club, and a member of Onarga Lodge AF & AM, Onarga Chapter of Order of Eastern Star 429, Independent Order of Odd Fellows Lodge 208, Onarga Chamber of Commerce and the Businessmen's Association.
Surviving are his wife; a son, Byron Lindsey Blotcky, and four grandchildren. He was preceded in death by the parents, two brothers and a sister.
• He appeared on the census in 1920 in Onarga, Iroquois County, Illinois. He resided with his wife and father-in-law.
• He appeared on the census in 1930 in Onarga, Iroquois County, Illinois. He was head of household and owned property valued at $6,000. He also owned a radio set.
• He appeared on the census in 1940 in Onarga, Iroquois County, Illinois. He was head of household and rented for $15.
• He was buried at Onarga in Onarga, Iroquois County, Illinois.
Byron married Osa L. Lindsey, daughter of Ira Mason Lindsey and Carrie Amelia Capen, 14 September 1918 in Kankakee, Kankakee County, Illinois 87.,88 (Osa L. Lindsey was born 26 November 1893 in Del Rey, Iroquois County, Illinois,34,87 died 6 April 1978 in Watseka, Iroquois County, Illinois at Iroquois Memorial Hospital 34,87 and was buried 9 April 1978 in Onarga, Iroquois County, Illinois at Onarga Cemetery 34,87.)