Harold Worcester Hall 6512
- Born: 18 January 1886, Caribou, Aroostook County, Maine 272
- Marriage: Ethelyn May Larrabee 3 June 1908 in Portland, Cumberland County, Maine 6512
- Died: 19 June 1955, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California at age 69 6515
Lewiston Daily Sun
June 20, 1955
HAROLD W. HALL
FORMER LOCAL BUSINESSMAN AND SHOE MANUFACTURER DIES IN CALIFORNIA
Harold W. Hall, 69, a former Auburn businessman and prominent shoe manufacturer, died Sunday morning at his home in Santa Monica, Calif. One of the founders of the Auburn Wood Heel Co., he was a co-owner of Dyer-Hall Shoe Co. and a former member of Morton Hall and Rounds, Inc. investment firm.
A pioneer in the wood heel business, Hall began operation of the Auburn Wood Heel Co. during the 1920s and later became a partner with the late Forrest J. Dyer in Dyer-Hall Co., a shoe manufacturing business.
In May 1929, he joined with Phillip H. Morton and Harold R. Rounds in the formation of an investment firm, Marion, Hall & Rounds, Inc., which he served as clerk and treasurer. He also was treasurer and part owner in the Waterville Motor Co.
Active in many local organizations, Hall was a prominent Mason and a member of Kora Temple, the Lewiston Lodge of Elks, the Calumet Club, the Martindale Country Club and Twin City Council, United Commercial Travelers.
The Halls resided many years at 50 Shepley St., until August 1935 when the family residence, considered to be one of the finest homes in the Twin Cities, was sold to the late James. B. Pulsifer. Hall moved to California in January 1937.
Born at Caribou, the son of Alfred and Mae Hall, he attended Augusta schools and graduated from the University of Maine.
He is survived by his widow, Mrs. Ethel Hall of Santa Monica; two sons, Harold M., Auburn and Robert W., Whittier, Calif.; a grandson, David Hall, Whittier, Calif.; and a granddaughter, Mary Lynn Hall, Auburn.
DIED -- At Santa Monica, Calif., Harold W. Hall, age 60. Funeral services will be held Tuesday at 9 a.m. at 950 Euclid Blvd., Santa Monica, Calif.
• He worked as a salesman at a general store, boot and shoe manufacturer and investment banker.
• He was educated at University of Maine in 1909 in Orono, Penobscot County, Maine.
• He appeared on the census in 1910 in Penobscot County, Maine. He was head of household and rented.
• He appeared on the census in 1920 at 17 Oakland Street in Auburn, Androscoggin County, Maine. He was head of household and property owner.
• He appeared on the census in 1930 at 50 Shepley Street in Auburn, Androscoggin County, Maine. He was head of household and property owner. He property was valued at $75,000. (Yes, it says $75,000.) The household was maintained by three servants with the surname of Roberts.
• He appeared on the census in 1940 at 363 19th Street in Santa Monica, Los Angeles County, California. He was head of household and rented for $65 monthly.
Harold married Ethelyn May Larrabee, daughter of Everett Benson Larrabee and Fannie Eva Woodcock, 3 June 1908 in Portland, Cumberland County, Maine.6512 (Ethelyn May Larrabee was born 27 December 1885 in Princeton, Washington County, Maine 6513 and died 2 May 1958 in Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California 6514.)