Vivian Lenore Lindsey 6704
- Born: 31 December 1917, San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo County, California 6707,6708,6709
- Marriage: Paul Schorno Becker in 1941 in San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo County, California 6706
- Died: 16 November 2009, Atascadero, San Luis Obispo County, California at age 91 6709,6710
San Luis Obispo, California
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
VIVIAN LINDSEY BECKER
Vivian Lindsey Becker passed away peacefully Monday, Nov. 16, 2009, at her home in Garden Farms Atascadero.
Vivian was born in San Luis Obispo in December 1917. She attended Sinsheimer Elementary School and graduated from San Luis Obispo High School, and later graduated from San Jose Sate with a teaching credential.
Her teaching career started at the Campbell Elementary School, where she also drove a school bus.
She had met Paul Becker while at San Jose State and they were married in 1941 at the Presbyterian Church in San Luis Obispo. They loved life and traveling, so drove to Central America where they managed the Pan American Hotel in Guatemala for five years.
They also taught at the Escuela Americana in San Salvador, where their three children were born. After 10 years in San Salvador, they went further south to Argentina, where they taught at the Academia Arguello and made many lifelong friends.
Vivian always had a good sense of humor, much kindness and treated each student as an individual.
They moved back to San Luis Obispo in 1970 and opened Coast to Coast Hardware. She taught at Monterey Road School in Atascadero and retired in 1981.
She was an avid bridge player, loved the Dodgers, watching game shows on TV and kept in touch with many people from around the world with her enthusiastic letter writing.
Vivian is survived by her children, daughters Monica (Paul Torba) Becker and Leslie (Tim) Crocker; son, Paul (Eileen) Becker; grandchildren Cathy, John, Oscar, Casey, Sara and Steve; and greatgrandchildren Skyler and Kellen. She is preceded in death by her husband of 64 years, Paul Becker.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the DeGroot Nursing Home, 1015 Buchon St., San Luis Obispo, CA 93401, or Hospice Partners of the Central Coast, 277 South St. Ste. R, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401.
• She appeared on the census in 1920 in San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo County, California. She lived in the household of her parents.
• She appeared on the census in 1930 in San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo County, California. She lived in the household of her step-father and biological mother.
• She appeared on the census in 1940 at 123 Pine Street in Fort Bragg, Mendocino County, California. She was a lodger at the residence of Laura Babcock.
• She was educated at Sinsheimer Elementary School and graduated from San Luis Obispo High School in California.
• She worked as an elementary school teacher.
• Her Social Security Number was 450-36-4214. Her social security card was issued in Texas.
Vivian married Paul Schorno Becker, son of Will E. Becker and Maud Shorno, in 1941 in San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo County, California.6706 (Paul Schorno Becker was born 1 March 1914 in Bozeman, Gallatin County, Montana 6706 and died 22 September 2005 in Atascadero, San Luis Obispo County, California 6706.)