Raymond Gene Dannehl
- Born: 7 October 1930, Onarga, Iroquois County, Illinois
- Marriage: Margaret Joan Lindsay 2 January 1953 in Springfield, Sangamon County, Illinois
- Died: 31 August 2003, Onarga, Iroquois County, Illinois at age 72
- Buried: 6 September 2003, Onarga, Iroquois County, Illinois at Onarga Cemetery
Cause of his death was cancer.
Another name for Raymond was Dick.
Wednesday, September 3, 2003
ONARGA - Raymond "Dick" Gene Dannehl, 72, of Onarga died at 6 p.m. Sunday (Aug. 31, 2003) at home.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Onarga Methodist Church, Onarga. The Rev. Charles Shelquist and the Rev. Neil Larimore will officiate. Burial will be in Onarga Cemetery, Onarga, with graveside military rites by Onarga American Legion Post 551.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Knapp Funeral Home, 115 E. Seminary St., Onarga, and from 10 to 11 a.m. Saturday at the church.
Mr. Dannehl was born Oct. 7, 1930, in Onarga, a son of William and Gussie Racuglen Dannehl. He married Margaret Lindsey on Jan. 2, 1953, in Springfield. She survives.
Also surviving are three daughters, Juanita Benner of Milford, Dorothy Jo Lange of Onarga and Belinda Moser of Cissna Park; two brothers, Robert Dannehl of Watseka and Wayne Dannehl of Hayward, Wis.; two sisters, Erna Mae Danforth of Onarga and Mary Ellen Lucas of Springfield, Va.; and nine grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by four brothers and three sisters.
Mr. Dannehl was a licensed plumber in the Onarga area for more than 40 years. He was a life member of Onarga American Legion and member of Onarga Fire Protection District for more than 40 years.
He played ball for the Buckley Dutchmasters and was a referee for football and basketball. He served in the Marine Corps during the Korean War.
Memorials may be made to Iroquois Memorial Hospice or an organization of the donor's choice.
• He worked as a licensed plumber for over 40 years in Onarga, Iroquois County, Illinois.
• He served in the military during the Korean War as a U.S. Marine.
• He was a member of the Onarga American Legion and the Onarga Fire Protection District. He played ball for the Buckley Dutchmasters and was a referee for football and basketball.
Raymond married Margaret Joan Lindsay, daughter of Lester John Lindsay and Hazel Gladys Jimison, 2 January 1953 in Springfield, Sangamon County, Illinois. (Margaret Joan Lindsay was born 27 March 1931 in Onarga, Iroquois County, Illinois, died 14 March 2010 in Onarga, Iroquois County, Illinois and was buried 18 March 2010 in Onarga, Iroquois County, Illinois at Onarga Cemetery.)