Raymond Leighton Clifford 253,272
- Born: 16 November 1891, Auburn, Androscoggin County, Maine 272,3153
- Marriage: Monona Cordelia Bailey 22 September 1915 in Auburn, Androscoggin County, Maine 253
- Died: 25 February 1980, West Paris, Oxford County, Maine at age 88 3153,3154
- Buried: After 25 February 1980, Auburn, Androscoggin County, Maine at Evergreen Cemetery 3155
The Lewiston Daily Sun
Feb. 26, 1980
Raymond L. Clifford, 88, of Hillside Avenue, Auburn, died Monday morning at Ledgeview Memorial Home in West Paris, following a long illness.
Born in Auburn, November 16, 189, he was one of the seven children of William Henry and Lillian (Gray) Clifford, and as a young man, he and his father owned and operated a farm in Minot.
In 1915, he married the former Monona Cordelia Bailey of North Auburn. She died in August 1978.
Clifford and his wife moved back to Auburn in 1925 and for many years he was a painter and interior decorator in the Lewiston-Auburn area. During World War II, he worked at the Bath and South Portland shipyards.
A member of the Auburn United Methodist Church, he was a state humane agent for 18 years, served as Auburn's dog officer and, in past years, had been a member, vice president and treasurer of the Lewiston and Auburn Kennel Club and a long-time member and officer of the Lewiston-Auburn Society for the Preservation of Cruelty to Animals.
Surviving are two sons, Arthur F. Clifford of Seattle and Roscoe L. Clifford of Auburn; a daughter, Doris C. Sansbury of Auburn; seven grandchildren and eleven great-grandchildren.
• He served in the military during World War II.
• He worked as a house painter.
• He appeared on the census in 1930 in Auburn, Androscoggin County, Maine. He was head of household. His real estate was valued at $3,000.
• His Social Security Number was 006-16-3471.
Raymond married Monona Cordelia Bailey 22 September 1915 in Auburn, Androscoggin County, Maine.253 (Monona Cordelia Bailey was born 21 June 1897 in Auburn, Androscoggin County, Maine,3156 died 17 August 1978 in Lewiston, Androscoggin County, Maine 3156,3157 and was buried after 17 August 1978 in Auburn, Androscoggin County, Maine at Evergreen Cemetery 3158.)