Clarence Nelson Carey 2980
- Born: 1 February 1924, Old Town, Penobscot County, Maine 2980,4091,4092
- Marriage: Emma M. Dubay 5 October 1946 in Maine 426
- Died: 1 March 2003, Bangor, Penobscot County, Maine at age 79 4091,4092
- Buried: After 1 March 2003, Passadumkeag, Penobscot County, Maine at Sunnyslope/Gould's Ridge Cemetery 4091,4092
Bangor Daily News
March 3, 2003
Clarence Nelson Carey
MILFORD -- Clarence N. Carey, 79, died March 1, 2003, at a Bangor hospital. He was born Feb. 1, 1924, in Old Town, a son of Frank and Jennie (Hamel) Carey.
He was a veteran of World War II having served as a gunner with the 16th Cavalry Reconnaisance Squadron, U.S. Army and was awarded the Purple Heart. Clarence was a member of the DAV, American Legion Post of Old Town, VFW Post 3381 of Old Town, the Cooties, and Moose Lodge in Huntingdon, Pa. He enjoyed hunting, fishing and camping.
He is survived by a son William Carey and his wife, Barbara, of Old Town; four daughters, Donna Ambrose and her husband, Malcolm, of Huntingdon, Pa., Sharon Melanson and her husband, Philip, of Milford, Wanda DeMarco and her husband, Shane, of Passadumkeag, Tonia Harmon and her husband, Philip, of Abbot; 23 grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his wife Emma (Dubay) Carey; son Wayne Carey; granddaughter, Angela Lynn Melanson; great-grandson Caleb DeLauney; brothers Ivan and Arthur Carey.
Friends may call 2-4 and 6-8 p.m. Monday at the Birmingham Funeral Home, 438 Main St., where members of VFW Post 3381 will conduct a chapel service at 7 p.m. A funeral service will be conducted 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home with Pastor Daniel Muscatell officiating. Immediately following the service, all are welcome at the Holy Family Parish Center for continued fellowship and a light luncheon. Spring interment with full military honors will be conducted at Gould's Ridge Cemetery, Passadumkeag. In lieu of flowers, send contributions to the DAV, Route 157, Medway, ME 04460. www.dignitymemorial.com
• He served in the military as a private during World War II.
• He appeared on the census in 1930 in Milford, Penobscot County, Maine. He lived in the household of his parents.
• He had a residence in Milford, Penobscot County, Maine.
• His Social Security Number was 007-14-0416.
• He was buried at Sunnyslope/Gould's Ridge Cemetery in Passadumkeag, Penobscot County, Maine.
Clarence married Emma M. Dubay, daughter of Lionel Joseph Dubay and Etta Mary Fogarty, 5 October 1946 in Maine.426 (Emma M. Dubay was born 14 December 1925 in Old Town, Penobscot County, Maine,4093,4094,4095 died 24 June 1984 in Bangor, Penobscot County, Maine 4093,4095,4096 and was buried after 24 June 1984 in Passadumkeag, Penobscot County, Maine at Sunnyslope/Gould's Ridge Cemetery 4093,4095.) The cause of her death was cancer.