Stephen Ruggles Sylvester 2996
- Born: 3 November 1861, Greene, Androscoggin County, Maine 4976
- Marriage: Mabel R. Carver 3 August 1901 in Leeds, Androscoggin County, Maine 253
- Died: 23 September 1925, Greene, Androscoggin County, Maine at age 63 4976,4977
- Buried: After 23 September 1925, Greene, Androscoggin County, Maine at Sylvester Cemetery 4976
Cause of his death was due to a fractured skull as the result of a fall from a truck.
The Lewiston Daily Sun
September 24, 1925
Stephen Sylvester of Greene Killed in Fall from Auto Truck
Stephen Sylvester, well known Greene farmer, died of a fractured skull, last night, within a short time after he had sustained the injury in a fall from a motor truck on which he had been given a ride. His widow and 12 children survive. The accident happened just north of the cemetery near Greene.
Word of the accident came to Lewiston and the Teague & Harlow ambulance responded. Dr. J.W. Scannell was notified but Mr. Sylvester died before the arrival of the ambulance. His body was brought to the rooms of the undertaking firm. Dr. R.M. Small who attended the man at the time could not be reached last night after the accident.
Though exact details of the accident were lacking, it was reported that he attempted to alight from the motor truck when it neared the road which runs toward the State road to the Turner Bridge, on which road he lived, and fell in such a manner that his head struck the pavement.
Mr. Sylvester was born in Greene, the son of Charles C. and Anna Sylvester, and had always made his home there. Mr. Sylvester had many acquaintances here where he often came to sell produce from his farm.
• He appeared on the census in 1920 in Greene, Androscoggin County, Maine. He was head of household and property owner.
Stephen married Mabel R. Carver 3 August 1901 in Leeds, Androscoggin County, Maine.253 (Mabel R. Carver was born 30 December 1881 in Dixfield, Oxford County, Maine,4977 died 6 July 1977 in Greene, Androscoggin County, Maine 4977 and was buried after 6 July 1977 in Greene, Androscoggin County, Maine at Sylvester Cemetery 4977.)