Edwin Woodland Lightfoot 6150
- Born: 7 September 1910, Fall River, Bristol County, Massachusetts 6147,6148
- Marriage: Laura Belle Hutchins in 1934 6146
- Died: 4 April 2004, La Habra Heights, Orange County, California at age 93 6147
Long Beach, California
April 9, 2004
Edwin Woodland "Ed" Lightfoot obituary
He was a retired Certified Public Accountant. He was born on September 7, 1910 in Fall River, Massachusetts. He graduated from Boston University in 1931 and then began his accounting career with one of the big eight accounting firms, Haskins and Sells. He worked for the firm in New York until 1939, when he moved to Puerto Rico to teach at the University of Puerto Rico. In 1942 he was commissioned in the Navy. He received his discharge after World War II with the rank of Commander. He moved to Pomona in 1946 where he founded a CPA firm that is being carried on by his son John Lightfoot and grandson David Lightfoot. He was one of the first presidents of the Citrus Belt Chapter of the California Society of CPAs.
Ed married Laura Belle Hutchins in 1934. They were together for 49 years until she passed away. In 1987, he had the good fortune to marry Charlotte Verdery, who was at his side for seventeen years.
• He had a residence in La Habra, Orange County, California.
• His Social Security Number was 097-01-7481. His social security card was issued in New York.
Edwin married Laura Belle Hutchins, daughter of Rev. Melvin Sherburne Hutchins and Mattie Lois Jackson, in 1934.6146 (Laura Belle Hutchins was born 10 August 1907 in Phillips, Franklin County, Maine 272 and died 4 May 1984 in Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California 149.)