Harriet Lindsey Bowen 372
- Born: 28 September 1913, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska 372,1569
- Marriage: James Wilson Bost 25 February 1934 in Grand Island, Hall County, Nebraska 1565
- Died: 28 July 1992, Grand Island, Hall County, Nebraska at age 78 1569
- Buried: After 28 July 1992, Grand Island, Hall County, Nebraska at Grand Island Cemetery 1569
The Lincoln Star (Lincoln, Nebraska)
February 25, 1934
Announcement has been made of the marriage February 25 of Miss Harriet Bowen at the home of the bride's parents, Mrs. and Mrs. Homer Bowen of Grand Island to James Wilson Bost of York. The wedding will be at the Presbyterian church at 4 o'clock in the afternoon and the couple will reside in Omaha.
The Daily Independent
Grand Island, Nebraska
July 30, 1992
Harriet Lindsay Bowen Bost, 78, of 1809 W. Anna, died Tuesday, April 28, at her home after a long illness.
Services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at St. Stephen's Episcopal Church. The Rev. Tim Anderson and the Rev. George Peck will officiate. Burial will be in Grand Island City Cemetery.
Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday at Livingston-Sondermann Funeral Home.
Memorials are suggested to the St. Stephen's Episcopal Church or St. Francis Hospice Program.
Mrs. Bost was born September 28, 1913 in Omaha to Homer and Bertha (Lindsay) Bowen. She moved to Grand Island when she was two and received her education here. She attended Lindenwood College at St. Charles, Mo. and the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. She was a member of Alpha Phi Sorority.
She married James W. Bost on Feb. 25, 1934 in Grand Island. They were former owners of the Bost Pharmacy and prior to that her father operated Bowen Drug at Fourth and Pine. Mr. Bost died in 1983.
She was a member of St. Stephen's Episcopal Church and the Vestry of the church. She was a member of the Grand Island's Woman's Club and Riverside Golf Club.
Survivors include two daughters, Judith (Mrs. Frederick) Daly of Potomac, Md. and Jane (Mrs. Robert) Horning of St. Charles, Mo.; and four grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband in 1983.
• She appeared on the census in 1920 in Grand Island, Hall County, Nebraska.
• She appeared on the census in 1930 at West Division Street in Grand Island, Hall County, Nebraska.
• She appeared on the census in 1940 at 1514 W Koenig in Grand Island, Hall County, Nebraska. She lived in the household of her husband.
• She was educated at University of Nebraska in Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska. She was a member of Alpha Phi Sorority.
• Her Social Security Number was 508-58-5946.
• She was buried at Grand Island Cemetery in Grand Island, Hall County, Nebraska.
Harriet married James Wilson Bost, son of Fred Marion Bost and Jennie A. Wilson, 25 February 1934 in Grand Island, Hall County, Nebraska.1565 (James Wilson Bost was born 12 October 1910 in Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska,1567,1568 died 5 February 1983 in Grand Island, Hall County, Nebraska 1567,1568 and was buried after 5 February 1983 in Grand Island, Hall County, Nebraska at Grand Island Cemetery 1567.)