Paul Carpenter Lindsey 1235
- Born: 3 November 1919, Virginia 1235,1240
- Marriage: Frances Lee Jamison 4 August 1943 in New Orleans, Louisiana 1238,1239
- Died: 14 July 2005, Duncanville, Dallas County, Texas at age 85 1241,1242
- Buried: 18 July 2005, Dallas, Dallas County, Texas at Dallas/Ft. Worth National Cemetery 1243
Cause of his death was due to blood clots in the lungs caused by stomach cancer.
Dallas Morning News
July 16, 2005
PAUL C. LINDSEY
LINDSEY, PAUL, Of Duncanville, passed away July 14, 2005.
Mr. Lindsey served his country with honor in the U.S. Army from 1941-1945 and was then in the Army Reserve from 1946-1961, retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel. Paul was also retired from Exxon after 40 years of service as an engineer. He was very active in his church and community.
He is survived by his loving wife of 61 years, Frances; son, Paul C. Lindsey Jr. & wife Jane K.; daughter, Donna Marie Magee & husband Dale; grandchildren, Christopher K. Lindsey, Shannon Wyszomierski, Tom Lindsey, Angela Dikes, Amy Booth, and Alisha Barker; 6 great-grandchildren; sister, Jane MacMullen; daughter-in-law, Sandra R. Lindsey. He is predeceased by his son, Thomas Owen Lindsey and grandson, Paul C. Lindsey III.
The funeral service is 1:00 PM, Monday, July 18, 2005, at First United Methodist Church, 403.S. Main of Duncanville. Burial will follow in Dallas/Ft. Worth National Cemetery. Visitation with the family is 2-4 PM, Sunday, at Jaynes. Memorial gifts may be given to Hopkins Senior Center, 972-780-5073. Jayne's Memorial Chapel 811 South Cockrell Hill Road Duncanville TX 75137 Phone: 972-298-2334 OB6 Obituaries, Notices
• He served in the U.S. Army from 1941-1945 and was then in the Army Reserve from 1946-1961, retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel.
• He worked as an engineer with Exxon for 40 years.
• He appeared on the census in 1920 in Waverly, Sussex County, Virginia. He lived in the household of his parents.
• He appeared on the census in 1930 in Waverly, Sussex County, Virginia. He lived in the household of his parents.
• He appeared on the census in 1940 in Waverly, Sussex County, Virginia. He lived in the household of his parents.
• He was educated at Virginia Polytechnic Institute.
• His funeral was held at First United Methodist Church (403 S. Main Street) 18 July 2005 in Duncanville, Dallas County, Texas.
• His Social Security Number was 227-09-2234.
Paul married Frances Lee Jamison, daughter of Owen Olando Jamison and Cora Lee Dowdy, 4 August 1943 in New Orleans, Louisiana 1238.,1239 (Frances Lee Jamison was born 17 October 1921 in Boones Mill, Franklin County, Virginia,1244,1245 died 23 March 2009 in Texas 1245 and was buried 26 March 2009 in Dallas, Dallas County, Texas at Dallas/Ft. Worth National Cemetery.)